Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Get Task ID from Microsoft Planner Task

Requirement
How to get the Task ID or Plan ID or even Group ID if you are creating a Plan in O365 groups?

I was trying to get this for Microsoft Flow and searched internet, but did not get any clue. Suddenly it clicked me that everything is URL based.

Solution:
1. you Click on the Plan/Task for which you want to get the Task ID.
2. From the Browser copy entire URL to Notepad

You will see all the ID's in the URL

/Planner#/plantaskboard?groupId=0d52bddf-1e68-4d4f-9b8e-5fa71807118a&planId=yAERHCrmZUOYLBkFt3p-vZYAFf9Z&taskId=bfdr71NIqkqrDdXxrerNTJYAEL81

so in this case the taskID I needed to use in my MS Flows was "bfdr71NIqkqrDdXxrerNTJYAEL81"

I enter just that string and my Flow was accepting the value and working fine. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews